tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ron Lussier" <rluss...@lenscraft.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0 examples problem
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:48:42 GMT

On Friday, September 28, 2001, at 10:09 AM, Ron Lussier wrote:

> I've installed Tomcat 4.0 on Mac OS X Server, and when I surf to
> http://localhost:8080/, I get the Tomcat welcome page.  All of the
> links off of this page work, except the 'JSP Examples' and 'Servlet
> Examples' links, which give me a '404' error.

Well, I found at least part of the problem.  The extraction software
truncated at least one long class file name
('SetCharacterEncodingFilter.class' became
'SetCharacterEncodingFilter.clas').  I've re-extracted using gunzip and
tar, and the examples are now working.

Coyote
---
ron lussier / lenscraft			fine art giclee prints
rlussier@lenscraft.com			229 8th street / studio 4
							san francisco / ca 94103
http://www.lenscraft.com/			+1 415.241.0815