tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Jesse <alexander.je...@csfs.com>
Subject RE: Interactive debugging with Tomcat?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 06:28:34 GMT
Hi,

setup Tomcat to use a jdk1.3 (or higher) switch on the external debugging
interface. Then use your preferred IDE and setup remote debugging.

there you go
Alexander

-----Original Message-----
From: tvinayak@covalent.net [mailto:tvinayak@covalent.net]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 10:38 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Interactive debugging with Tomcat?

Folks,

Being a newbie to the Tomcat world, I'm trying to get my arms around the
features that are available in Tomcat for debugging my web apps (servlets,
JSPs).

Besides enabling logging in server.xml file, what else can I do that can
help me in debugging my web apps ? I'm spoilt with interactive debugging
with IDEs; do I have similar luck with Tomcat?

regards,
Tony