tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kar YEOW" <kar.y...@apir.com.au>
Subject Re: IIS Virtual hosting
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:27:01 GMT
where can I get a copy of the patched isapi_redirect.dll?  TIA.  kar
----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Isaacs" <Larry.Isaacs@sas.com>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 3:42 AM
Subject: RE: IIS Virtual hosting

Hi David,

Multiple virtual hosts on IIS is something I have not found time
to try to do, yet.  However, it is something I hope to support
in Tomcat 3.3.

Tim Whittington has submitted a patch to the isapi_redirect.dll
that should be included soon.  It adds a feature where
the "isapi_redirect" dll queries its actual file name and
uses that name to read a "<dll name>.properties" file from
the same directory.  If that file exists, those properties are
used.  If not, it reverts to the old behavior of getting the
"properties" file location from the registry.  This "properties"
file would specify where to get the "uriworkermap" file.

This implies that you get multiple isapi_redirector instances,
each using different settings, by having multiple copies of the
"isapi_redirector" with different names.  Each virtual host
would use the appropriately named copy.  Not elegant, but
I'm not sure there is a better way.

Cheers,
Larry