tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: ipchains - apache - tomcat - Help!!!
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 15:13:35 GMT
Ok, your running ipchains on your system and denying access to the ports
Apache and Tomcat use to talk to each other.  I've had iptables running on my
development environment with no problem.  In my config, I specified the
filters to work on interface eth0.  That way the internal traffic on lo still
works without a problem and I'm just not accepting any outside traffic from
the net.

Just my experience in the matter... indiviual mileage may very.

--David Smith