tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Benoit Bertrand" <>
Subject tomcat-users.xml reload.
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:26:35 GMT

   I have got a question concerning tomcat-users.xml reloading. I am
developping a web application where an administrator can add/remove user(s)
(to contraints access to this web app). This operation add/remove the
necessary information to/from tomcat-users.xml file.
   Unfortunately, i discovered that this file is not updated until the next
startup of tomcat. This is to say that to complete the add/remove operation,
tomcat should be stopped an restarted (which is not what i intended to do).
   My question is the following: is there a way to reload the user access
from tomcat-users.xml ? If not this should say that i can not use
tomcat-users.xml to contraints access for my web app ?

   Benoit Bertrand.

View raw message