tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "T.L.TEO" <tl_...@yahoo.com>
Subject certificate_unknown problem
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:58:59 GMT
HI

I manage to install a SSL cert w/o any problem now.  When I browse with
https://localhost:8443/

I was able to see the secured index page.

But when I use a sample program as below,  I get SSL_NULL_WITH_NULL_NULL

Why is this so, and logs tell me that certificate_unknown (server)

import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;
import java.security.*;
import javax.net.ssl.*;

public class PrintSession {
    // Connect to the web server.
System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs","com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ww
w.protocol");

            Security.addProvider(new
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

    SSLSocket s = (SSLSocket)SSLSocketFactory.getDefault().
        createSocket("localhost", 8443);

    // What's the cipher suite?
    System.out.println(s.getSession().getCipherSuite());

    // Clean up.
    s.close();
  }
}