tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "paul" <paul.bras...@roadrunner.uk.com>
Subject TOMCAT 4 - passing parameters to servlets
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 11:14:09 GMT
Hi

The orginal message section below answers my  question posted some time ago
but
I am not sure, could you please verify?
This is a shame because one of the reasons I went over to tomcat 4 is
because I thought it
might solve this problem.

I have a servlet in a context that needs to be accessed from many virtual
hosts via apache.

The value of the parameters I pass to my servlet need to be different
depending on which virtual host was active.

If I put the parameters in the web.xml for the context then the values will
be the same irrespective of host
so I have been trying to use parameter elements in the server.xml file with
absolutly no success.

I have been unable to find any documentation on the Environment, Parameter
or ResourceParams tags used in
the example server.xml supplied on installation.

Is want I want to do possible?
If so, how please with example

Thanks for any help

Paul