tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tarwinder Dhak" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat 321 won't parse other than .jsp files
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2001 10:21:05 GMT
That would be the simple answer, but I would like to keep the .js extension
keep to the standard for javascript files.
There must be a way for tomcat to compile files that don't end in a .jsp

Tarwinder Dhak

-----Original Message-----
From: Burkard Endres []
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 10:55 AM
Subject: AW: Tomcat 321 won't parse other than .jsp files

simply rename your .js file to .jsp?

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Tarwinder Dhak []
Bereitgestellt: Montag, 3. September 2001 11:33
Bereitgestellt in: tomcat-user
Unterhaltung: Tomcat 321 won't parse other than .jsp files
Betreff: Tomcat 321 won't parse other than .jsp files

I'm writing a web application that uses some javascript (in an external
menu.js) that displays some dynamic menus.  Each of these menu options
goes to a specific URL.

What I want to do is insert some JSP elements into the menu.js file so
when the client requests the file, all URLs go through the
request.encodeURL() method to append any session data to the URLs.  The
problem is that Tomcat only seems to want to compile files with a .jsp

I've got Tomcat running through APJ13 with apache (, and have
the jkmount directive in the mod_jk config file to forward all *.js
to Tomcat, but tomcat won't compile it.  It just sends me the raw text

Basically, what I would like to know is how to get tomcat to compile
that have JSP elements in them, but do not have the .jsp extension.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tarwinder Dhak

Transact Group

Legal Disclaimer: Internet email communications are not secure and
therefore the NetInvest Group does not accept legal responsibility for
the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely
NetInvest Group unless otherwise specifically stated.

View raw message