tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Trasuk" <stratus...@on.aibn.com>
Subject RE: XML version of JSP question
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:28:14 GMT
Hi James:

	It appears that you need to put your text into CDATA sections inside
<jsp:text> tags.  The following seems to work:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<jsp:root xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"
          version="1.2">
    <jsp:scriptlet>
        int a = 15;
    </jsp:scriptlet>
    Hi everyone!  The number is:]]>
	</jsp:text> <jsp:expression>a</jsp:expression>
	<jsp:text>.<br /></jsp:text>
        <jsp:scriptlet>
            out.println("I like the mongoose!<br />");
        </jsp:scriptlet>
        <jsp:text><![CDATA[</body></html>]]></jsp:text>
</jsp:root>

Greg Trasuk, President
http://stratuscom.ca