tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Manri Offermann" <ma...@globalscale.net>
Subject [TC4] exception error-page not working
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2001 05:14:59 GMT
I'm having trouble getting TC4 to display the error page specified
in web.xml when my servlet or jsp throws an Exception.

I just get the default HTTP 500 error page "A Servlet Exception Has
Occurred".
Below are the lines from web.xml.  What is wrong?

 <error-page>
    <exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>
    <location>/lib/err/exception.jsp</location>
 </error-page>
 <error-page>
    <exception-type>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException</exception-type>
    <location>/lib/err/exception.jsp</location>
 </error-page>

The target file contains:
<%@ page isErrorPage="true" %>

In Tomcat 3.2 this worked fine, but after upgrading to TC4 this doesn't work
anymore ...

manri