tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Taavi Tiirik" <ta...@ibs.ee>
Subject tomcat4: sealing violation when reloading servlets
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 07:48:38 GMT
I am encountering sealing violation problems with tomcat 4.0
(nightly build 20010825). Whenever I recompile a servlet or
change any .properties files that I use for i18n text
messages press reload, it gives ServletException like this:

Exception Report:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet jsp
threw exception at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:875)

Root Cause:
java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:234)

As I have understood it can be avoided by not having conflicts
between certain class libraries. I have plenty of them in
jre/lib/ext directory...

Is there any changes to the class loading mechanism in more
current nightly builds?

with best wishes,
Taavi