tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Taavi Tiirik" <ta...@ibs.ee>
Subject RE: tomcat4, how to setup error pages for stopped application
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:18:48 GMT
> Add this in  mywebapp/WEB_INF/web.xml,
>
> <error-page>
> <error-code>404</error-code>
> <location>/error-page.jsp</location>
> </error-page>

Thanks, but if I add this to mywebapp then it keeps telling that:

  HTTP Status 404 - /mywebapp/index.jsp
  The requested resource (/mywebapp/index.jsp) is not available

... that seems to be normal behaviour (since it is stopped). Once
I start the application using manager/start this error-page
definition you suggested starts working.

Is it possible to catch errors of a stopped web application? I
have tried to put error-page definition into root context but
it did not help.

with very best wishes,
Taavi