tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject TC323 standalone/ajp13 & thread pools
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:20:28 GMT
Hi (.*),

	Hope all is well around the globe.

	We've been doing some stress testing here with Tomcat 3.2.3 operating
	in standalone mode and with apache via the mod_jk ajp13 connector.

	We've noticed something interesting which we're not sure about.

	Tomcat running our application standalone can handle 70 simultaneous
	users, with a TcpPoolConnector thread pool set to 150. When we run the
	same test via Apache/ajp13, the thread pool is quickly exhausted
	(logged in tomcat.log)

	Is this normal operation ? Should an ajp13 connector consume more
	tomcat threads than standalone tomcat ?

	I'm not sure if this is mean't to be the case, so I thought I'd ask.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: