tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject Re: 答复: How do I make Tomcat include needed jars for my servlet?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 03:29:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure how wars respond to this, perhaps you could put an empty jar
in lib/ to do it... but what about having a classpath attribute in the
manifest file?  pointing to the other jars you need.?

hth
dim

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Ju Yan Jery Qin wrote:

> Hi dwh
> 	I use 3.2.2.  I know your mean. But what I want to do is to define application specific
CLASSPATH. Sorry for confusion in my question. Thanks!

> -----ԭʼʼ-----
> : Denis Haskin [mailto:Denis@HaskinFerguson.net]
> ʱ: 2001822 10:52
> ռ: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> : jqin@ptc.com
> : Re: How do I make Tomcat include needed jars for my servlet?
>

> For Tomcat 3.2.x, just modify your tomcat.bat file to set up the
> classpath as you need it. I assume something similar can be done for TC4.
>
> dwh
>
> Ju Yan Jery Qin wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >	I have read this topics but it still can not resolve my problem.  Your suggestion
is to copy application related jar files into %YourWebAppPath%/WEB-INFO/lib dirctory. But
my application is under development, so whenever I regenerated jar files for  my web app,
I have to copy them to that directory again. If under UNIX, you can use symbolic links, but
I use Windows 2000 as my server.  So my question is: is there any way to define CLASSPATH
variable for my web application independently so that I don't need to copy them again and
again.
> >	In fact, in my case, I have two web application which are derived from the same
base but should be installed independently. So these two web application have many classes
with the same package and name. And these classes spreaded in two directory d:\vendor\webapp1
and d:\vendor\webapp2 but not in jar file. So I really need a way to define CLASSPATH in application
level instead of copy tons of variable classes into d:\vendor\webapp1\WEB-INFO\classes and
d:\vendor\webapp2\WEB-INFO\classes again and again.