tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject Re: New to servlets: Parameter initialisation in web.xml
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:19:25 GMT
When you add a context entry in server.xml, you create your own little
context.  the path that you name in docBase should contain a WEB-INF
directory, which contains its own web.xml file.  that is the web.xml file
that will be read for requests to that context.

if you're after a simple way to get started, I'd suggest editing the
HelloServlet from the examples context, and editing that then
recompiling... change the webapps/examples/WEB-INF/web.xml file for your
context params.

hth, cheers
dim