tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject RE: Are many people running Tomcat 4 in standalone mode?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 02:51:46 GMT
On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> With Tomcat 4 you won't have to run as root to use port 80.  Thus the only
> technical reason (leaving aside performance for the moment) is if your
> application requires other functionality that is built in to Apache but
> not Tomcat).

ok - if this is too OT then tell me now and I'll stop, but...

my understanding is that tc4 will start in a similar way to how apache
starts?  using some native code?  I run tc3.2 as part of jboss, and so the
startup is controlled by jboss... I'm assuming that precludes any of the
new options that are used by tc4?

cheesr
dim