tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Antwort: RE: Problem with large query inside a http request
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 10:52:30 GMT

Hi Christian,
I have changed the code to the post method. Now it works.

Christian Mack <> am 03.08.2001 11:58:42

Bitte antworten an

An:    "''" <>
Thema: RE: Problem with large query inside a http request

Hi Thomas

There is a limit to 1024 Bytes for the whole request URL.
This limit isn't fix (the specs are vague on this), it depends on the
webserver and proxies used.
Because you usually can't control which proxies are used by the clients,
should always keep your query below this size.

If you need so many parameters or more characters, you should use
Per spec this can handle as many Bytes as you want.
But I had problems before (2 years ago) with more than 200 KBytes and IIS.

Also some firewalls limit the maximum size for http-Requests to prevent DoS

Hope tis helps

View raw message