tomcat-users mailing list archives

From VASQUEZ_JA...@LILLY.COM
Subject suppressing white space in jsps
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:59:16 GMT
Is there any way to suppress the whitespace that is output by jsp's in
Tomcat/Catalina?  I have a simple jsp that generates a .csv, and sets the
HTTP headers so that it opens in Excel (intranet app).  Even with cramming
all the jsp intro stuff on one line, I still end up with one blank line as
the first line of output.  (actually, one newline code).  I know that
jasper must be converting every newline in the source .jsp to something
like println("\n") in the servlet --- that's what I'd like to turn off
(selectively)

Is this possible?

-jason