tomcat-users mailing list archives

From VASQUEZ_JA...@LILLY.COM
Subject Re: tomcat 4 mod_webapp config
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:02:13 GMT
Pier --

The patch works fine for me -- the deploy directive works as expected when
using a URI of "/"

I am now seeing some other weirdness.  In $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml,
this context has a jdbc resource defined with it.  I'm testing access to
it with a simple jsp which picks up the Context, looks up the resource,
and casts to a javax.sql.DataSource.  When this context is accessed via
Tomcat's HTTP server port, it works fine.  When I try to access it via the
mod_webapp connector via apache, Context.lookup() returns a null
reference.

What's odd is that I tried iterating through what was bound in that
context, and it does show a reference to the specified resource via tomcat
http and apache.  It's just that I can't successfully do the lookup() via
apache.

I've tried both of the syntaxes (sp?) for specifying a resource-ref in the
webapp's web.xml suggested by Craig here recently.  Here's what I have
now:

  <resource-env-ref>
    <description>laser datasource</description>
    <resource-env-ref-name>jdbc/laser_ds</resource-env-ref-name>
    <resource-env-ref-type>javax.sql.DataSource</resource-env-ref-type>
  </resource-env-ref>

I don't know how the naming context would be different between the two
setups, unless the Warp connector interferes somehow (I'm not familiar
with its internals at all)

I'm stumped.  Any ideas?

-jason

"Pier P. Fumagalli" <pier@betaversion.org>