tomcat-users mailing list archives

From VASQUEZ_JA...@LILLY.COM
Subject tomcat 4 mod_webapp config
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 03:51:11 GMT
All,

I'm having a little problem with mod_webapp (or maybe I'm not
understanding this properly).

I have an application deployed in catalina (v. 4b7) called "laserweb"
(accessible via tomcat's http server port under /laserweb).  I'd like to
deploy this as the root of a virtual host in apache.  I've configured the
connector like this within the virutal host:

WebAppConnection myconn warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy laserweb myconn /

This doesn't seem to have any affect, as .jsp's, etc. are not being
processed.  If I pick an URI other than "/", it will work.  (i.e.,

WebAppDeploy laserweb myconn /testuri

works as expected -- the webapp is available via
http://<myapachevirtualhost>/testuri

Also, does the module have some way of resolving symbolic links?  laserweb
is symlinked into the $CATALINA_HOME/webapps directory, yet the
/webapp-info/ page from my virtual host displays the "actual" directory
location (the target of the link)---I found this a little odd.  How does
the module know?

My understanding is that using mod_webapp, tomcat virtual hosts don't
matter.  Is this incorrect?  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Jason