tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shawn Evans" <shaw...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.7b and lib help (FIXED)
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:22:46 GMT
I don't know about everyone else, but I got my Oracle classes12.zip in my
lib and it wouldn't work.... so after looking at my code, wondering what I
messed up (4 hours), I decided to change it to *.jar.  OMG it decided to
work... might want to have TomCat be able to do both zip & jar's in the
lib....

just my 2 cents.

Shawn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Eric Miller" <tomcat@shark.uchicago.edu>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>; "Evans, Shawn"
<Shawn.Evans@sterling-fsg.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.0.7b and lib help

> My guess is that this may be the same problem that I ran into while trying
> to use JDBCRealm. I think you have to put the .jar file in
> TOMCAT_HOME/server/lib instead of TOMCAT_HOME/lib for low-level .jar files
> that get used by Tomcat itself? I'm not an expert, that just seemed to be
> experience that I had.
>
> Jon

com.sterling.util.db.pooling.DBPoolManager.init(DBPoolManager.java:110)
> > at com.sterling.util.db.pooling.DBPoolManager.(DBPoolManager.java:17)
> > at

com.sterling.util.db.pooling.DBPoolManager.getInstance(DBPoolManager.java:23
> > )
> > at com.sterling.ForceBrowserJ.FBJServlet.init(FBJServlet.java:15)
> > at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:366)
> > at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:833)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:602)
> > at

> > va:214)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> > 66)
> > at

> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> > at

> > va:215)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> > 66)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
> > 46)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> > 64)
> > at

> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2314)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164
> > )
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> > 66)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> > 64)
> > at

> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> > at

> > :163)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
> > 66)
> > at

> > at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> > at

> > 1000)
> > at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1093