tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: FreeBSD, Linux, Java Help - experiences
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2001 18:18:42 GMT
Steffen,

<shrug>  I have a feeling I could answer your questions by searching the
web, not by emailing the Tomcat discussion list.  Have you searched the
Tomcat archives for the words "freebsd" and "performance?"

> I want to know some progress reports about OS (Linux vs. FreeBSD) and
> Java. Who is using FreeBSD on a web-server and Java (tomcat). I think
> thats the best mailing list to ask ;) Everbody who use Tomcat need Java
> and I think here are some experts which use FreeBSD :) The interesting
> thing is the linux-binary support for BSD and the performance
> difference... everybody experience with it?
>
> I hope my mail is ok and not too off topic?

People can send OT emails, sure, but I'm trying to help you get it answered.
I think the fastest way is to email a FreeBSD list or newsgroup.

- r