tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: Are many people running Tomcat 4 in standalone mode?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 02:18:59 GMT
> I'm curious to know if there are a lot of people out there
> running Tomcat in
> standalone mode versus using it with Apache Web Server or some other Web
> server?

If every single page in your site is a JSP, I've always thought that you
would have diminished performance if you added Apache?  Something I've
thought but never verified...  But Apache might be a good buffer between
lots of incoming connections and Java?

Anyway, if all you have is dynamic content (JSP and servlets), then you will
only suffer a performance hit on the provision of images and javascript
files.  For personal sites, I would run standalone.  It's less of a hassle
to configure and maintain.

- r