tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: can't start tomcat 4
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:13:46 GMT
> I've then trying to start tomcat as described, but it fails. I have the
> message "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap" in the catalina.out file.
>
> not very close to java, what's not found?

Since it's Java, you don't *have* to build it, would have saved yourself a
lot of time and trouble if you just want to run it, just download the binary
distro ;)

bootstrap.jar should be in the $CATALINA_HOME/bin directory.

I'm not familiar enough with the TC4 build process to try and troubleshoot
it =/

- r