tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: http vs https
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2001 16:17:30 GMT
> without the SSL engine. They want to use their own SSL
> accelarator however

<freeware geek>No doubt one they're going to charge your company for!</fg>

> It must detect that as it isn't doing the SSL, and the SSL
> accelarator has
> decoded the SSL stream from the user, the connection is insecure and it
> therefore uses HTTP and not HTTPS.

I would agree.  Tomcat has no knowledge that SSL is in use and returns the
appropriate URL.

> Is there anyway to override this behaviour?

Hmm...  generate all URLs by hand with a custom tag?

<myTags:encodeURL>/someDir/somePage.jsp</>

...and I don't think you'd be able to use a RequestDispatcher to forward
requests either.  Maybe one of the TC devs can reply if interceptors or
valves or something could help.

I'm not too experienced with all of this, but I figured I'd try and help out
nonetheless ;)

- r