tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: Help Installing Tomcat on Win95
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2001 01:49:39 GMT
> I should add that I tried changing the port number in the server.xml file
> inside conf folder as mentioned in the RUNNING.txt. Also checked and made
> sure that the browser is not trying to access a proxy server. But
> it hasn't
> worked.
> Thanks,
> Sheila

?!  This brings a joyous tear to my eye! =~)  Someone has read the
documentation and acted upon it.  Sheila, you've made my day!  So your
Tomcat has started at 8080 and http://localhost:8080/ doesn't do the
trick...  Did you check the log files ($CATALINA_HOME/logs) for any activity
when you make a request?  If nothing at all appears in those files, I don't
think the request is getting there.

- r