tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: Pre-install question
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:55:22 GMT
Apache serves documents plain and simple.  You request a file from the
server and it gives it back to you.  Of course, there are lots of modules
written for Apache that enable it to do extra things, this is just an
extreeemely high level description =)

Tomcat is a servlet container (an environment that servlets run in) and a
jsp engine (process JSP requests).

Check out the introduction in the Tomcat 3.x guides on integrating Apache
with Tomcat for more info...

- r