tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ju Yan Jery Qin" <j...@ptc.com>
Subject How do I make Tomcat include needed jars for my servlet?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 02:32:19 GMT
Hi all,
	I have read this topics but it still can not resolve my problem.  Your suggestion is to copy
application related jar files into %YourWebAppPath%/WEB-INFO/lib dirctory. But my application
is under development, so whenever I regenerated jar files for  my web app, I have to copy
them to that directory again. If under UNIX, you can use symbolic links, but I use Windows
2000 as my server.  So my question is: is there any way to define CLASSPATH variable for my
web application independently so that I don't need to copy them again and again.
	In fact, in my case, I have two web application which are derived from the same base but
should be installed independently. So these two web application have many classes with the
same package and name. And these classes spreaded in two directory d:\vendor\webapp1 and d:\vendor\webapp2
but not in jar file. So I really need a way to define CLASSPATH in application level instead
of copy tons of variable classes into d:\vendor\webapp1\WEB-INFO\classes and d:\vendor\webapp2\WEB-INFO\classes
again and again.

	Any clue is appreciated!

Best Regards!

Jerry Chin