tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Weaver" <swea...@wirelesstelematics.com>
Subject RE: Error running Tomcat as a Service with NT and 2000
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:41:09 GMT
I used JavaService to install Tomcat on 2000 and haven't had any problems.
It comes with a batch file to install Tomcat.

http://www.alexandriasc.com/index.html

good luck.
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Piper, James [mailto:JamesPiper@spherion.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 2:44 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Error running Tomcat as a Service with NT and 2000

Hello,

I am following the instructions you have on the website named Working with
the Jakarta NT Service, and I am still unable to get it to work.  When
I click on the service in the Services option of Windows, it trys to start
and then I get a 2140 Internal Windows error.

Do you know what could be causing this?  I am using Windows NT, with IIS and
Tomcat version 3.3.2.  I am able to run Tomcat
just fine on the server when I use the Tomcat.bat file?

Any help you could give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

James (Jim) R. Piper, CPA
Software Engineer
Spherion Corporation