tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Li Rongkun" <l...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem on running tomcat3.2.3 in Win Me
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hello, everyone:

I just installed Tomcat 3.2.3 in my computer. The configuration is:
OS: Windows Me
Java 1.2.2
I set environment variables in my autoexec.bat as follows:
set PATH %PATH%;C:\jdk1.2.2\bin
set JAVA_HOME C:\jdk1.2.2
set TOMCAT_HOME C:\tomcat

Whenever I start tomcat by clicking the startup icon, I always get some
error messages like: out of environment space
Then I did this way:
1. delete TOMCAT_HOME setting from autoexec.bat;
2. edit tomcat.bat by changing CLASSPATH to include lib\*.jar in stead of
include every separated jar file so that the CLASSPATH becomes shorter;
3. try it from dos by changing the path to C:\tomcat\bin and typing
startup.
Now no "out of environment space" error, but after "start tomcat in a new
window" message, it is "bad command or file name" error.
I checked tomcat home directory, no "work" subdirectory is created
automatically. I checked "conf" subdirectory, no "tomcat-apache.conf" file
created which should be created automatically when tomcat is started. I
think the tomcat java class is not run at all.

Could anybody help me with this problem? I really appreciate it.
Thanks a lot.

Alice