tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kennice Low" <kennice...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: More understanding on startup.sh and shutdown.sh
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:31:58 GMT
Hi Rob,
Thank you for your helps.

>when you do "set | grep TOMCAT_HOME" you should get something like this:
TOMCAT_HOME=/var/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2

>Have you set the TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME environment variables?  The
>error
>you're getting seems to be that the server's jar file isn't in the
>CLASSPATH
>(which Tomcat sets for you).

here is my setting of profile.

. /home/pseudo/profile

alias ls='ls -l'
alias la='ls -a'
export PS1="\w>"

. .java

#export JAVA_HOME=/local/pkg/jdk/1.3
export TOMCAT_HOME=/var/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2
export MYSQL_HOME=/usr/local/mysql-3.23.39-pc-linux-gnu-i686
export BIN=/usr/bin
export APACHE=/etc/init.d

export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$MYSQL_HOME/bin:$TOMCAT_HOME:$BIN:$APACHE:$PATH

export
CLASSPATH=$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/servlet.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/jasper.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/webserver.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/mm.m
ysql-2.0.6.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/conn

Is there any error on the setting ?

Thank you :-)
regards