tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Einfeldt <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: request replication
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 06:23:05 GMT

I'm not shure if I unstood your description.
Especially the relation between the jsp and
the servlet.

Is the jsp just a page that holds an anchor
to the servlet, or do you have a jsp that
forwards to a servlet?

If the second option is true, I have no idea.
If the first option is true, this might help:

Serving PDF is not as easy as you might think at
the first glance. The Acrobat Reader sometimes
uses features of the HTTP 1.1 protocol (e.g byte
range requests), so your servlet has to deal with
that if it is invoked by a web server which talks
HTTP 1.1 with the browser. If the Acrobat Reader
uses this features you will get more than one
request for one document.

Two ways to deal with that:
Either make shure that your servlet tells Acrobat
to use HTTP 1.0 by setting the right headers in the
response or implement the needed features. (For the
later have a look at the source of tomcat 4.0)