tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Einfeldt <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: 800 Meg /bin/core file??
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:28:30 GMT
That's a core dump.

That means a program encountered an fatal error
and dumped itself and its current state and memory
to disk, so that is is possible (if you have access
to the source of the program) to debug where the
program was, and what it had in memory.

The upper limit for the file size of a core dump
is normally set in /etc/limits.