tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Einfeldt <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: viewing application/msword using TOMCAT
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 09:32:23 GMT
In a perfect world you are right.

In real life IE seems to ignore the content type
in some cases. IE behaves much better if the url
ends with the correct postfix for a word document.

A question to the original poster:

  Are you talking about word documents you serve
  by a servlet of your own or do you just want
  tomcat to serve static word documents ?