tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Einfeldt <>
Subject AW: Application Server -- WTF!
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:29:31 GMT
In an perfect world multipart/alternative is the 'clean'
way to send html. Any client who can deal with html
displays the text/html part of the message, all other
the text/plain part. So if you find a mail of this type
you could assume that all (usefull) information is as a
copy in the text/plain part. In this case you wouldn't
have to reject the message, you just could use the
text/plain part for the message that goes to the list.

As the world is not perfect (:~( , the best way to deal
with this, is to block the mail.

multipart/related is the way to embed images (and other
objects) that are used in a html part in the mail, so
that the mail is selfcontained.

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

View raw message