tomcat-users mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: TC323 standalone/ajp13 & thread pools
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:32:13 GMT
>Hi (.*),
>
>	Hope all is well around the globe.
>
>	We've been doing some stress testing here with Tomcat
>3.2.3 operating
>	in standalone mode and with apache via the mod_jk ajp13
>connector.
>
>	We've noticed something interesting which we're not sure about.
>
>	Tomcat running our application standalone can handle 70
>simultaneous
>	users, with a TcpPoolConnector thread pool set to 150.
>When we run the
>	same test via Apache/ajp13, the thread pool is quickly exhausted
>	(logged in tomcat.log)

You may have find something interesting.

Could you check via netstat in that situation how many ajp connections
are in CLOSE-WAIT ?

>	Is this normal operation ? Should an ajp13 connector
>consume more tomcat threads than standalone tomcat ?

http native connector (HTTP/1.0) close connection at end of
request. In ajp13 the connections between apache and tomcat
are persistant. What I didn't understand is how you could
have 150 ajp13 connections to handle only 70 clients ?

Stay tuned