tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James, Stuart" <stuart.ja...@cazenove.com>
Subject RE: Graphics with jsp
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:24:42 GMT
I've heard about something called vml (Virtual modelling language) which
allows you to draw vector graphics in xml and display them on the browser.

not sure what browsers support it but I recall that NASA use it on some of
there sites!

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikola Milutinovic [mailto:Nikola.Milutinovic@ev.co.yu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 1:27 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Graphics with jsp

Gregor Kovah wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Hmm, this is a bit off topic, but nevertheless:
> You could use KavaChart (www.ve.com), which you can use in Servlets and
> JSPs, but unfortunately it is not free.

Why not the good old "Fly"? It is a C compiled CGI program that takes a
"command file" and draws a GIF following those commands. All the
JSP/servlet needs to do is create a command file.

Is there something equivalent in Java?

Nix.

Email Disclaimer

This communication is for the attention of the
named recipient only and should not be passed
on to any other person. Information relating to
any company or security, is for information
purposes only and should not be interpreted as
a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any security.
The information on which this communication is based
has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable,
but we do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.
All expressions of opinion are subject to change
without notice.  All e-mail messages, and associated attachments,
are subject to interception and monitoring for lawful business purposes.