tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Jakarta NT service
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:03:14 GMT

	Tomcat only need read access to the JAVA_HOME directory structure
(there are some files there that you could exclude, but they are pretty
trivial like the LICENSE) and read access to the TOMCAT_HOME.  It needs
write access to TOMCAT_HOME\work and TOMCAT_HOME\logs.  It will also need
read access to any JARs in your wrapper.properties file outside of
TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME.  Note, you can move the locations of some of
these resources (web apps, logs, working directory, etc) around so you might
need to change these directions accordingly.

	In addition, web apps can make other requirements about what they
need to read and write, so you'll have to check with them as well.

	Randy