tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Is it possible to get the information about a frames parents information.
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 10:56:26 GMT

Sort of.  First, you must remember that each frame is a separate request and
you can't access the headers of other requests.  What you can do, however,
is to send the client a HTML page that has some JavaScript on it that asks
the appropriate document what its referrer is.  (According to O'Riely's
Javascript its Document.referrer variable and doesn't work in IE 3).  That
page could then automatically submit a form that contains the information
you need.

	Randy