tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vanlerberghe, Luc" <luc.vanlerber...@bvdep.com>
Subject RE: Start up Sax exception init param
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:50:26 GMT
> From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
>
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, cib wrote:
>
> > Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:54:24 +0200
> > From: cib <c.cib@laposte.net>
> > To: Tomcat User Mail List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Subject: Start up Sax exception init param
> >
> > Hi,
> > I've upgraded to Cocoon2.0b1 from beta1.
> > But since I changed the war old war file to the new one (
> I've erased
> > the "work" directory before, idem for the log files), I get an
> > exception at Tomcat's start. No one answered my question on cocoon
> > mailing list, so I try it here. The exception is:
> >
> > PARSE error at line 181 column -1
> > org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
> org.apache.crimson.parser/V-036 web-app
> > init-param
> >

> This sounds like there might be a problem with your web.xml
> file at line 181.  In particular, if you have the elements in
> an order different than what the DTD requires, you will
> *always* get XML validation errors.
>
> Craig McClanahan

If you take a peek inside crimson.jar, you'll find a properties file
(org\apache\crimson\parser\resources\Messages_en.properties) with the full
English messages:

So 'org.apache.crimson.parser/V-036 web-app init-param' actually means
'Element "web-app" does not allow "init-param" here.'

There must be a way to get the crimson parser to use these human readable
forms for errors...

Luc Vanlerberghe