tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Knaggs, George R" <george_kna...@merck.com>
Subject Virtual Hosts on IIS & Tomcat
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2001 00:19:17 GMT
Mr Shachor / Tomcat-User,

I hope you don't mind this email but I've been unable to find any
information on how to configure IIS with Tomcat using a Virtual Host where
the context path / URI is the root (http://one.domain.com/ and
http://two.domain.com/).  I have more than one virtual host on this server
and the uriworkermap.properties doesn't mention anything about configuring
more than one host using the same uri /servlet/*.  The tomcat-iis-howto
discusses a similar setup but the contexts have different URIs (/examples/*
and /webpages/*).

I've also had trouble installing the isapi filter for an additional web site
using the IIS management console.  It doesn't seem to be able load the
filter a second time.  Is there anything that has to be configured
differently for installing the filter on a second web-site on the same web
server.

Can you please tell me if this is possible and if there is any documentation
on how to set this up.  I've configured this many times with Apache but I'm
locked into using IIS4.0 inorder to use a different ISAPI filter that
provides single-signon features used at my company.

Thanks in advance,
George Knaggs