tomcat-users mailing list archives

From St├ęphane De Jonghe <sdejon...@atermon.com>
Subject RE: JDBC Driver for sql server 2000
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:34:40 GMT
Hi,

But is there any free (or open source) JDBC driver for MS SQL Server who
is not using the jdbc:odbc link ?
I tried JSQLConnect, but it is a trial version...

Thanks,

Stef

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Eric Miller [mailto:tomcat@shark.uchicago.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 6:05 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: JDBC Driver for sql server 2000

http://www.inetsoftware.com has a great driver IMHO. It's a JDBC type 4
and
they seem to be very proactive about keeping it up to date. I tried
JTurbo
awhile back and I liked Inet's driver better. The JTurbo one seemed
buggy to
me. I don't remember what the specific issue was that I found with it.
It
was a long time ago, so, it may no longer be an issue. I can say that I
really like the driver that Inetsoftware has though. I've been using it
for
about a year and a half and it works great. Also, they come out with
periodic updates. Probably at least one per quarter. I'm using the
Opta2000
driver, version 4.11.

Jon