tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Coleman <scott.cole...@12snap.cz>
Subject RE: a simple ( irritating) classpath problem
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:33:40 GMT
and what is your classpath set to ???

-----Original Message-----
From: yilmaz [mailto:yilmaz@hwajet.com.tw]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 10:34 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: a simple ( irritating) classpath problem

here is the related part of my code:
import java.io.*;
import java.sql.*;
import java.text.DateFormat;
import java.util.*;
import java.lang.Math;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import com.oreilly.servlet.*;
public class gs extends HttpServlet {

 try {
     ParameterParser parser= new ParameterParser(req);
    parser.setCharacterEncoding("big5");
     subject=parser.getStringParameter("subject");

and the compiler gives me the following error:

D:\tomcat4\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes>javac gs.java
gs.java:37: 不能??ParameterParser
坏的?文件:.\ParameterParser.class
?文件含有??的?:com.oreilly.servlet.ParameterParser
?去掉或确信它出?在正确的classpath的子目?中.
     ParameterParser parser= new ParameterParser(req);
     ^
1 ???
simply it says that com.oreilly.servlet.ParameterParser is not on the
classpath
Strange,  ISN'T it?
cheers :)