tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rai...@netscape.net (Raigo)
Subject Tomcat security
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:04:42 GMT
Hi

I am using JSP, Tomcat 3.2.3 on JDK 1.3 (what comes with JBuilder4 Foundation).
>From time to time I have seen several exception messages in Tomcat window with content
"Action forbidden by JVM" several "IOExceptions" and "net" Exceptions etc.

On normal case these don't appear.

In Tomcat documentation topic "Using the Java SecurityManager with Tomcat" I read that
java.util.PropertyPermission, java.lang.RuntimePermission, java.io.FilePermission, java.net.SocketPermission,
java.net.NetPermission, java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission, java.security.SecurityPermission,
java.security.AllPermission  should be used to define security permissions.

What exactly should there be done to secure Tomcat and server? Where to find examples and
info on the topic?

Thanks,
Raigo