tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Donahoo" <Jeff_Dona...@baylor.edu>
Subject JSP and Connection Pooling
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 21:44:10 GMT
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked and answered, but
I couldn't find it in the archives.

I want the simplest way to use connection pooling from Tomcat in my JSP
pages.  I'm trying to avoid using add on products like PoolMan since it
seems like it should be easy enough without them.  (Tell me if this is
incorrect.)  A few specific questions:

1.  I would like instructions on making this work with ODBC on Win2K
(with SQL Server).  What do I name the driver?  How do I make the
connection to Tomcat's pool?  Do I need to mess with JNDI?  With Struts
connection pools, I can just ask for the default pool without specifying
a name.  Can I do that here?  What's a good source (book and/or web
site) on JNDI/Connection pool access?  Is there an example on the web?
Is this answered in an FAQ somewhere?
2.  Same question as #1 except on a Linux box without ODBC (obviously).
Where do I specify user ID and password?  Driver?
3.  Same question again using WebSphere.

Thanks in advance!