tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Weissenbacher <MWeissenbac...@net4you.net>
Subject RE: Installing Tomcat on HPUX (Problem #1)
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:00:11 GMT
because tomcat is written in java, you don't have to recompile it. so why
are you bothering with that? just start it with bin/startup.sh!

-----Original Message-----
From: mysql fan [mailto:mysql@Oh-Baby.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 10:25 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Installing Tomcat on HPUX (Problem #1)

Hi!

I've got HPUX 10.20, and I installed Java on it (jdk11804_os10.depot).

I can create Java programs and execute them.

Then, I want to install Jakarta-Tomcat server. I downloaded
jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3-src.tar.gz, and unzipped it into /usr/src.

But when trying to build it:

/usr/src/tomcat # ./build.sh
Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

Get a FREE email address for your WILD SIDE! Choose from over 350
outrageous email addresses at http://www.WildEmail.com