tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thad Humphries <t...@mindwrap.com>
Subject bean creation race conditions?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:16:46 GMT
As I mentioned yesterday, I have an application that stalls on Solaris 2.7
(properly patched) along with Apache 1.3.20, Tomcat 3.2.3, mod_jk, and JDK
1.3.1.  It runs fine on Linux with Tomcat.

The application starts with an index.jsp file that requests a bean with
<jsp:useBean>.  The index.jsp then loads two frames, both of which use the
same bean.

I assumed that the index.jsp would create the bean before it loaded the
other pages and this seems to be the case on Linux.  But could this be
creating a race condition on Solaris that causes it to stall from time to
time?  Do I need to relook these pages to see if there is a way around this?
Thad Humphries               "...no religious test shall ever be required
Web Development Manager       as a qualification to any office or public
Phone: 540/675-3015, x225     trust under the United States." -Article VI