tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vincent Stoessel <vinc...@xaymaca.com>
Subject Re: Mozilla and Tomcat
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:56:43 GMT
One thing to remeber about the way Mozilla does "view source".
when you ask Mozilla to "view source" it wil pop up a new window and
then do a new GET request on that page. This can really screw you on a
page with posted data from a form submission. This differs from IE and
Netscape 4.x series. IE will actually show you the source of what you
have downloaded, Netscape will give you a useless (imho) message saying
that "this page has posted data and cannot be viewed yadda yadda yadda"
while Mozilla will just send a brand new request to the webserver,
losing all the preciuos variables you typed and selected in the previous
page's form.

I love the 2001 08 26 mozilla nightly build btw.

--
Vincent Stoessel vincent@xaymaca.com
Java Linux Apache Mysql Php (JLAMP) Engineer