tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Manfred Schäfer <mschae...@bouncy.com>
Subject JSP - postService() or aequivalent ?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:34:50 GMT
Hi,

Our Application architecture requires that we enclose method calls (in a
JSP-File) with

// create Environment tied to the current Thread
Environment.createNewEnvironment();
try {
    ... do work ...
} catch {
    // Removes Environment
    Environment.cleanup();
}

The environment is a object with manages e.g. the db-connection and
information about the current user. It is tied to the thread (using the

We don't want to burden this on the developer (very error prone!), so
we're looking for a chance to do it transparent for him. Maybe this
could be done with an RequestInterceptor, but that is a tomcat-specific
solution, isn't it?

Any ideas ?

manfred schäfer

--
Manfred Schäfer
Software Architect

Bouncy Bytes Software GmbH
Hofgut Bayerseich
Darmstädter Landstraße 64
D-63329 Egelsbach
Germany
Phone: +49-6103-70656-0
Fax: +49-6103-70656-15
Web: http://www.bouncy.com

synformation.com Web-Content-Management-System
Synergize your information.