tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denis Haskin <De...@HaskinFerguson.net>
Subject Re: How do I make Tomcat include needed jars for my servlet?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 02:52:26 GMT
For Tomcat 3.2.x, just modify your tomcat.bat file to set up the
classpath as you need it. I assume something similar can be done for TC4.

dwh

Ju Yan Jery Qin wrote:

>Hi all,
>	I have read this topics but it still can not resolve my problem.  Your suggestion is
to copy application related jar files into %YourWebAppPath%/WEB-INFO/lib dirctory. But my
application is under development, so whenever I regenerated jar files for  my web app, I have
to copy them to that directory again. If under UNIX, you can use symbolic links, but I use
Windows 2000 as my server.  So my question is: is there any way to define CLASSPATH variable
for my web application independently so that I don't need to copy them again and again.
>	In fact, in my case, I have two web application which are derived from the same base
but should be installed independently. So these two web application have many classes with
the same package and name. And these classes spreaded in two directory d:\vendor\webapp1 and
d:\vendor\webapp2 but not in jar file. So I really need a way to define CLASSPATH in application
level instead of copy tons of variable classes into d:\vendor\webapp1\WEB-INFO\classes and
d:\vendor\webapp2\WEB-INFO\classes again and again.